Leslie is a first-year, nontraditional community
college student. Leslie is legally blind, having only one eye with limited sight
due to a congenital birth defect. She wears glasses that allow her to see large
objects. Leslie has two small children and is dependent on others for
- Allow Leslie to sit in the front of the
- Allow Leslie to record the lectures with a tape
- Allow Leslie to use a laptop computer to take
tests and quizzes.
- Provide materials in large print format or
braille as required.
- Provide oral testing or taped testing.
- Do not rearrange the classroom without warning
Leslie of the change.
- Allow Leslie to bring a guide dog to class, and
avoid distracting the dog while it is working.
- When addressing Leslie, use her name so she
knows you are speaking to her.
- Donít be afraid to use words such as "see" or
- Offer assistance, but let Leslie tell you what
- Let Leslie know when you are entering or
leaving the room.